Sunday, September 3, 2006

102 Freakin' Fahrenheit Today!

HOT HOT HOTThe weather in the San Fernando Valley today was, like sooo hot! Like freakin' 102 degrees!

We decided to head to Manhattan Beach. It must had been a good 15 degrees cooler by the ocean. So nice! I need to move closer to the Pacific. Our modus operandi whenever we hit Manhattan Beach is to stop by the Manhattan Beach Creamery and get some ice cream! However, shucks, they didn't have our favorite blueberry flavor, so I settled with -- no brainer on this one -- the green tea flavor. Delisioso! Sophia got a taste of it and liked it too.

Manhattan Beach CreameryManhattan Beach

After sunset, we head back home into the valley. It was 7:30pm and the heat in the valley was still like 86 F degrees. So I decided to finish off whatever left over I have of the Gopaldhara Estate 2006 1st flush Darjeeling and made an iced tea rum cocktail à la Phyll out of it.

1-2 teaspoons of loose leaves
400ml boiling water in my Darjeeling Yixing, 4 minutes
Pour into glass over a lot of ice
A dash of white Pyrat rum
No fresh mint sprigs at home...it would have been nice, tsk

Aaaah....!

1 comment:

William I. Lengeman III said...

After relocating back to PA from AZ, I'd give my tea-drinking pinkie for a few 102 degree days, with blazing sun and low humidity.