Saturday, April 7, 2007

70% Said Who Cares If It's Healthy or Not

In my very previous post, Silverneedles (a reader's callsign) made an astute comment that I completely agree with: "I'm still going to drink my tea for its taste."

In fact, 70% of 6600+ people who voted on MSNBC.com agreed.

Click on the image to go to the article (rather old)

If you have followed my blog for sometime, you'd know that I am not one who preaches the health benefits of tea. I have always said, in essence, to drink tea and wine because they taste good. If in fact they are healthy, well, it's a plus. And not to forget: everything in moderation.

The focus of my previous article was really on the coincidence -- if there is such a thing -- of meeting a perfect stranger who turned out to be someone who had co-written medical articles on the benefits of green teas.

Thank you for your comment, Silverneedles!

3 comments:

Steven Dodd said...

I try to avoid my consumption of what's harmful to me, but I'm not one to search for magical elixers and potions in the form of food and drink.

Right now I'm trying to limit my eating of high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils (transfat). I'm sure they're fine in moderation and with exercise, but there's no need for me to have it regularly in my diet. Most candy is HFCS and I can't say no to Jolly Ranchers. Reducing the amount of processed, packaged foods one eats is probably a good thing.

Seafood is a great alternative to red meats and poultry. I love the taste, but I'm not going to eat it just for some omega-3s. But it doesn't help. Anything good for you, or even not bad for you, is always enjoyable to eat.

When it comes to tea, it's not a magic elixer. I'm sure one can get the same health benefits just from eating their vegetables.

Everything in moderation, eat your greens, exercise, yada yada :]

shen said...

It's the FDA, for God's sake! Who can take that seriously!?!
Shen

~ Phyll said...

Touché, Shen!