Sunday, April 8, 2007

An Eventful Saturday

Happy Easter!

Yesterday I started the day early to visit the Chinatown with my brother-in-law to pick up the Chinese paintings that were being custom framed (I posted about them below on April 1st). The framings were beautifully done! Allow me to show them off a little here :)

  • Peonies
  • Black & White Landscape
  • Cranes
  • Bodhidharma (Damo) Drinking Tea

    ...and please
    meet the lady boss of the Chinese art-and-frame store who I talked about.

    We then grabbed a quick yum cha at the Empress Pavilion right next door. Yum!



    The yum cha had to be done quickly, however, because I was running late in picking up "Estif", a regular contributor on
    LJ Puerh Community, who is visiting from San Francisco for the Easter weekend. We had made a plan to meet with Danica and Imen for some serious tea drinking.

    "Estif" and I arrived at Danica's at around 1:30pm and we spent 5 solid hours enjoying ourselves to a great company, conversation and a lot of tea. I decided to bring along an extra guest: the Bodhidharma himself (in the painting). He drank tea with us...or was it us who drank tea with him?

    Next post: more about the tea session (as I am running late to be at my in-laws for our Easter family dinner).

  • 3 comments:

    Hobbes said...

    Such pleasant paintings, particularly the landscape.

    Surely the best position for the painting of Damo is to be facing the wall? :)


    Toodlepip,

    H

    ~ Phyll said...

    Thanks, Hobbes. I particularly like the landscape, too. I am having a hard time finding a suitable spot for the cranes, however.

    shen said...

    Funny coincidence - I just bought three "tea" paintings from the same Chinese artist (Zheng?).........One of Lu Yu.
    Shen